Here are ten tips for greeters. Remember, it is more than a handshake.
- Smile. Personal warmth. Look like you enjoy welcoming people.
- Fresh Breath. (Enough said)
- Make eye contact – Read their body language.
- Take initiative and speak to the guest.
- Don’t ask “Are you new?” or “Is this your first time?”
- Say,” I don’t think I’ve met you yet. I’m (insert your name here).”
- Don’t congregate with other greeters and share your frustrations (i.e. stairwells, behind the counter).
- Show guests around and be a tour guide. (Explain how the building is laid out – hallways, restrooms, age divisions.)
- Invite them…
This is Only a Snippet of a Children’s Ministry Christian Article written by Mark Jones
Read Full Article
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.